Our clinical team lead by Regional Manager of Clinical Services, Joti, has been providing virtual and onsite education to all the Berwick sites over the last few weeks to ensure our residents, families and staff are informed of our outbreak protocol and are provided all the necessary recommendations and suggestions of how to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our communities. It is important to note that we have significant experience in managing issues such as influenza and Norwalk Virus, including an outbreak scenario.
Taking precautions to protect yourself and others amid the COVID-19 pandemic is critical. Here is what you can do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands, often. Use soap and water, wash the fronts, the backs, under fingernails and between fingers. Watch the following video that we have been sharing with our staff and residents regularly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PmVJQUCm4E
- Exercise proper cough etiquette. Cough or sneeze into your elbow, or use a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. Watch the following video that we have been sharing with our staff and residents regularly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl8NXvPlIBg
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth)
- Practice social distancing
- Stay home if you are ill – do not go into work or to visit loved ones.
- Avoid contact with people who are ill
- Get your flu shot
Proper handwashing is paramount to reducing the spread of germs and viruses so we are urging everyone to maintain good hand hygiene practices year round.
We all need to do whatever we can to help “flatten the curve” – “Mitigation efforts like social distancing help reduce the disease caseload on any given date, and can keep the healthcare system from becoming overwhelmed.” Drew Harris
Your continued support of our common goal of keeping everyone at Berwick Retirement Communities and our local communities in British Columbia safe, healthy and happy is greatly appreciated.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Lesley Sikorski, Director of Sales & Marketing