July 14th, 2020
Social Visitation Procedure
As we have previously shared we are very pleased to announce that the Ministry of Health and Provincial Health Officer have approved an initial social visitation order for our Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent residents either outdoor or in a single identified hospitality suite. The order does not allow in suite visits yet at this time.
Effective July 14th residents we will be able to designate one social visitor that may schedule a prearranged visit with them in a newly created hospitality suite or the patio. The designation of a Social Visitor does not affect any current essential visitors designations as the”social visitors” simply allows you an additional person who can visit you for strictly social reasons.
While we are thrilled to be able to provide this opportunity for you to visit with your loved one, we remind you of the need to remain vigilant to adhering to hand hygiene and social distancing protocols in order to keep EVERYONE safe. As such, please be aware that in order to facilitate and maintain adherence to the new guidelines, each resident or their health representative should notify their Berwick site whom they designate as their “Social” visitor. That visitor will be able to book visits in the hospitality suite or patio via our new “Calendly program”. This program will allow you to select an available visit time and will also send you a confirmation with important information prior to your visit. If you do not have an email address or access to a computer then you may call the front desk and they can facilitate a reservation however in order to assist with the phone traffic at the front desk we do request you use the appointment program whenever possible.
Please take a moment to re familiarize yourself with the established guidelines for visitors:
Visits are on an appointment only basis and must be prearranged through the “Calendly” program or if needed the front desk:
- Visits are subject to be reviewed based on facility operational considerations;
- Visits shall be limited to one social visitor per resident;
- Visitor must pass screening process upon entry to site for every visit;
- Visitor must proceed directly to hospitality suite or the patio once they have been screened at the front door;
- Visitors are responsible for providing their own surgical masks and masks must be worn during the duration of the visit to the site;
- Visitors must comply with hand hygiene protocols of our communities both upon entering and leaving the facility;
- No children or pets allowed at this time;
- Visits can be up to 60 minutes at a time;
- Visits must be within the hospitality suite or the patio;
- Visitor will sign in with greeter to ensure contact tracing can occur by Infection Control & Public Health officials, should this be required;
- Visitors will be denied entry to site if they have been outside of Canada within the last 14 days, have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone symptomatic or positive for COVID-19;
- Any resident related questions or concerns must be addressed via phone call or email to the GM or Front Desk;
- Visitors are not to use indoor common areas at this time;
- Visitors are asked to continue maintaining 6 feet physical distancing during visit;
- Public washrooms are closed to visitors;